With about 35.000 keywords the Blaha: Dictionary of Environmental Engineering, German-English/English-German, covers the following aspects of environmental engineering tagged with the corresponding labels:
agriculture, alternative energy, automotive engineering, biology, chemistry, construction, dust separation, economics, environmental protection, exhaust gas treatment, exhaust gas reduction (automotive), flue gas cleaning, genetic engineering, general terms relevant to environmental engineering, general technical terms, law, mathematics, natural sciences, noise protection, organisations, physics, politics, professions, radiation, radiation protection, radiation measurement technology, recycling, remediation of contaminated sites, sewage management & sludge treatment, units & symbols, waste disposal, landfills, garbage incineration, water management, water pollution
Where deemed relevant, short explanations have been included to simplify usage, and differences between British and American usage, as well as Austrian and Swiss terms are indicated.
The basis for compiling the dictionary were environmental engineering texts from governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as scientific texts and text material from companies. A machine-readable text corpus was set up based on this material to identify the most common word forms and specialist phraseology. This methodological approach was supplemented by the traditional analysis of reference books, trade journals, and sources of information on the internet.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "roof" will also find "copper roofing" and "timber roof structure".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.
Environmental Engineering D-E is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-12-12. The program can be installed on Android.
Environmental Engineering D-E (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.